Monday, September 26, 2011

Take a Word - Album


I know I have used the main photo in a past challenge but both photos are favourite ones of my Father in his beloved garden.  I just love the old clothes, braces holding up his trousers, his old pullover and hat and last but not least, his pipe!
The sweet young girl (LOL) in white ankle socks 'lurking' in the background is yours truly! 
Thanks to
backgrounds - pansies from Cemerony  and  dried flowers layer - Zeldona deviantart
book altered - Trina Secher
right hand page - 'Botanica Magazine' from Flora Powell flickr and my own pressed flowers
Old Photo Texture from SHC

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos of your father, Judy. It's special to share these photos. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful tribute, ah those white socks. WEll done

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful collage it makes precious pictures even more special...well done Judy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, I love the way you have used your precious photos and the gorgeous open book effect. It brings back memories of my father who spent most of his spare time and then he retirement in his large vegetable garden from which he kept a large extended family in fresh vegetables.
    I love the image of you skulking in the background.
    Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to share those photos. The rich background and the notebook are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic remember Judy.
    Amazing photos. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Judy and I guessed it must be you in the background before I read what you said.
    Yes I wore white socks too!
    A beautiful album page.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. white socks were an international phenomenon back then. I had them too!
    Judy this is a wonderful, memory-filled piece. Gorgeous book image, fab background and those priceless photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. white socks were an international phenomenon back then. I had them too!
    Judy this is a wonderful, memory-filled piece. Gorgeous book image, fab background and those priceless photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love to see such a passionate gardener getting such a great hommage. well done (as always...)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic collage, great tribute to your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um trabalho emocionante.
    Parabéns pela escolha.
    Bjs querida

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have made a wonderful feature of your treasured photos, Judy. A lovely tribute to your Father and your early life. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tribute, Judy! Handsome man!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful, love the vintage photos and design around!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful. Gorgeous book image. Wonderful photos and those with socks.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  17. bela montagem da foto de seu Pai!
    Abraços
    Ana

    ReplyDelete